I have tried to organize these by priority. I am open to hearing any suggestions you may have.
- Complete the Pantry area electrical panel and organize it better. Need longer solar cables.
- Wire AC shore power so that the existing CTEK Battery charger can be used.
- Completion of electrical switches with MORE convenient locations. I can provide a wiring diagram for this.
- House AC electrical system installed. Wiring is already installed to bring power from the back left of the van to the pantry and then to sink base.
- Better microwave – possibly https://www.amazon.com/Counter-Rotary-Microwave-WCM660B-Westinghouse/dp/B00BGTO1WC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2P524TUFLHXCU&keywords=600+watt+microwave+oven&qid=1568487846&s=gateway&sprefix=600+watt+microwave%2Caps%2C141&sr=8-3
SUMMARY OF OUTLETS AND SPECIAL WIRING DISCUSSED
AC 3 outlets
Shore power enters rear of van underneath – normal 3 prong male outlet
There is a spare one in the clear plastic bin with the electrical parts
1 in back of van
1 behind microwave
1 at the sink base
2 in rear corners of bed
2 at front corners of bed
1 at the front of the bench (option)
CTEK MULTI US 25000 Battery Charger
Wire so it can run off AC Shore Power
Place a connector in the middle of the cord with the battery lug clamps
Then wire direct to the battery using a similar connector so that the CTEK can be hard wired to the battery for charging.
Place a connector in the middle of the cord which has the cigarette lighter plug
Then wire direct to the DC Panel using a similar connector so that the Refridgerator can be hard wired to the panel.
KISAE DMT-1250 SMART BATTERY CHARGER
REPLACED A CTEK 100A Offroad
Upgraded Model as of 2018 Offroad 140A
1-330-236-8397 or 1-866-970-3462
Other Option – much bigger
Victron Multiplus 3000
Inverter Converter Combo
- Greywater outside with a remote dump / dribble valve.
- Freshwater inside tanks installed – water fill inside. The water pump and sink already installed. Tank to have drains at the bottom for easy maintenance.
Misc. Work Needed
- Bench seat rebuilt behind the driver’s seat with storage for a Thetford Curve toilet. Seating to be more ergonomic and to allow for possible additional bunk and storage.
- Table for the bench that can be set up and removed easily – swivel arm.
- Create a track sliding system for the Dometic portable top load fridge. Alternative: Install a Vitrofugio fridge into pantry with microwave above and electrical panel/storage below.
- Improve ventilation using roof fan and the holes in the floor. Holes need screens and filters
Optional additional work
- Upgrade stereo (see link) Amplifier for the stereo and a subwoofer – already wired behind the drivers seat
- Interior space heater powered by gasoline – this is usually mounted under the front passenger seat.
Very Optional additional work
Insulation or heating for the tanks to be either installed or planned to allow for winter camping.
Van Compass suspension parts.
Axle (is it limited slip?)
Replace the tires with snow rates tires (if work can be done for this winter.)
- Swivel for the passenger seat and drivers seats – check passenger for squeak/rattle
- New wiring for all lights
Interior Finishing Notes
- I would like to see the bands of trim wood used for finishing off the ceiling.
- Sliding doors for under the sink and maybe a door for pantry/closet.
- Floor covering, sand is getting under rubber Matt between seats and back, and will be impossible to get out.
- Cover wires andback of shelves – material I have been using is this
Optional – Roof and Exterior Solar Notes
2020 Completed Work
- Replace main battery cables with proper gauge (OO or similar) [Did not do a full run, used a post junction]
- Install solar panels on the roof with New Controller to complement existing battery bank. [Done by Hein at 3DImpact]
- Sell the CTEK controller.